300x250 Ads

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Loading....43%

LVII: WITH A HEART OF GRATITUDE

I was so excited as I slept yesterday night, and when I find myself in such moods I always have something to pen down. These were my thoughts for that hour...

I don't know how you do it
But it's obvious you have a thing for me
I don't know why you do it
Cause it necessarily doesn't have to be me

Doubt if I impress you so good
Infact it's not a matter of being impressive
I know I don't always impress
Not when I lie
Not when I cheat
Not when I act stupid
Not when I don't speak right

But you seem to cope good with all of these
Never for once do you mind putting up with these

I don't know how to thank you
I don't know how best to appreciate you
Hope this short piece goes a long way
I just wanna say Thank you Lord!!!


**********************************************

These are times when I go to bed smiling!
I smile because I know I will soon wake up a champion
I smile because my life is about to change
I smile because I quit being ordrinary

I see the cheers
I smell the jeers
I can touch the accolades
It's here
It's here already
Right here staring at me in the eye
The future is now!

Hmnnn....
My life is about to change
No longer business as usual
God, see me through
Don't let me lose it to the fame
Don't let me lose on you

I hope for the milions to come
And I'll still stand sure
I hope for the billions to come
And I'll still stand undistracted

I hope for the germination to come
Whilst I sow
I hope for the harvest to come
Whilst I labour

***********************************************
16.08.1951 – 5.05. 2010

R.I.P Yar'Adua

4 comments:

Harry said...

Nice one Tolu

Tolulope Akanni said...

thanks Harry!!

Sorry I forgot to tell the world that the convo I had wit u made my day!

dew said...

this is nice...

Tolulope Akanni said...

thanks!