300x250 Ads

Friday, April 23, 2010

Loading....31%

LXX: GOD BLESS U

It was just like yesterday
When we gathered to celebrate u
To celebrate u at 50

Family
Friends
Wellwishers

Cheers
Jeers
Tears of joy

Gifts
Words
Acts
All in apreciation of u

It wasn't funny in the weeks that followed
Cause u left
U left to be with ur doc

2 nights turned into 3
3 into 5
5 nites into a week

It had never been that long
It was a new experience
The meals weren't the same
The smiles weren't the same

He missed u
They missed u
We missed u
I missed u

Then u returned
But it didn't feel like u
U were forcing the smiles
Ur cheeks were gone
It wasn't the old fleshy u
I could see ur bones

I was worried
But I couldn't tell my worries
Everyone was worried
But we needed to be strong for u
We needed me to be ur smile


Oh how I remember
That fateful day u asked me to pray for u
I stood shivering with fear
As I pleaded with the one who knew it all


Technology failed
The pills failed
The therapy failed


He led you thru d valley of shadow of death
Then his eyes shone on u
And because he lives u live today
And today u live to feel my words


I love u to my roots
I'll love u till my last
I love u mum

1 comments:

dew said...

This is really nice. I thank GOD for your mum.